Let’s Talk PowerPoint Templates (a Virtual Discussion) (Episode 55)
PowerPoint Templates have lots of setup, design, distribution and end-use considerations. For this episode we have a virtual conversation with a number of presentation design experts sharing their expertise and recommendations on everything PowerPoint templates. We get everyone’s answers to:
- How do you summarize the purpose of a real PowerPoint template?
- What is your process for developing templates – from gathering specifications to design, proofs and deliverable?
- What is the most master slides and the most Master Layouts you have seen in a single file?
- Do you distribute templates as .pptx or .potx?
- What page size, or aspect ratio, do you see most?
- Do you see the company, or event logo, on all slide layouts, some slide layouts, no slide layouts?
- When developing a template, how do you handle requests for custom layouts?
- What about the right-to-left language (Hebrew) rotated/vertical text layouts that are part of the Microsoft standard template setup – keep and format or remove?
- What is the something you often see missing from templates?
- What is one of your favorite tips on developing a template?